Important Note:

Be prayerful before trying any of these ideas! The blog author accepts no responsibility or liability whether real or implied when you choose to try these tips!

Saving Money Not Buying Paper Napkins & Fixing a Crawling Sheet

 


Picture credit: wayfair.com 

Save Money by Not Buying Paper Napkins

Since I mentioned the Cheapskate Gazette, which may only be accessible through the internet these days, I wanted to tell you another great tip I got from them. They said that it pays to pick up second-hand cloth napkins at garage sales, etc. They cost next to nothing to purchase and they take next to no room in the washer. Additionally, you are already paying for the laundry detergent for that load of laundry, so there is basically little to no expense for washing them again and again. I have already shown other ideas I’ve had for using the cloth napkins I got from garage sales: rolling out pie dough and folding in a napkin to roll with a rolling pin to chop nuts.


Picture credit: stitchesquilting.com

Fixing Crawling Fitted Sheets with Salvaged Elastic

Although this picture shows sewing the elastic to the corners of a fitted sheet, I sewed it by hand. I took the salvaged elastic from the leg band of a threadbare pair of underwear. I cut the one leg band into four even pieces and stretched the elastic as I sewed it to each corner, so that the fitted sheets would no longer crawl. Since I had the salvaged elastic from two leg bands, did this to two different fitting sheets, so they fit more snugly.

Please put creative things you've done during the Pandemic In A Pinch in the Comment Box Below. Thanks! Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relate2theBible Podcast

Most Viewed Pandemic Ideas