Important Note:

Be prayerful before trying any of these ideas! The blog author accepts no responsibility or liability whether real or implied when you choose to try these tips!

Not Using Up All My Waxed Paper & Fixing My Toilet


Picture credit: freepik.com

Trying to Not Use Up All My Waxed Paper

During the pandemic, I made many recipes that required chopped nuts. I wasn’t sure how long my supply of waxed paper would hold up, so I was prayerful about using cloth napkins instead. I tried it and it worked really well. I put the nuts on one half and flipped the other half over top of it and crushed the nuts by rolling my rolling pin back and forth over it.’

I also used waxed paper for rolling out pie dough. I wondered if using cloth napkins would work for rolling out pie dough, as well. I floured the smooth, cotton cloth napkin some, and rolled it out adding flour as needed. The napkin was very flexible to fold the dough in half before putting on the pie plate.

Picture credit: landmakhw.com 

Fixing My Toilet that Doesn’t Have Enough Water to Flush 

Right after things had opened back up after the two weeks shutdown in March, our toilet was periodically having an inadequate amount of water to flush properly. My husband had contacted a plumber about coming to fix it. The plumber talked about having him replace our Fill Valve. I was prayerful, because I was concerned about having a repair person in the house so soon after the shutdown and the expense of his repair. The idea that was on my heart was to watch You Tube Videos to see if I could replace it myself. I’m so glad that I listened to the instincts that God gave me, because not only did it keep us from having a repair person in our house, but it also saved lots of money. I found out from watching several videos that all I had to do is adjust the little stem on the fill valve as shown in the picture. 


Please add any creative things you've done during the Pandemic In A Pinch under the Comment Section below. Thanks! Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relate2theBible Podcast

Most Viewed Pandemic Ideas